1. Loves earrings with unusual shapes.
2. Responsible: She has started babysitting a little bit for me if I have to run to Coalville or something.
3. Sarcastic and funny.
4. Super talented piano player.
5. Can make (by herself): Pancakes, eggs, tortillas, enchilada sauce, muffins, and more.
6. Loves Science and English/Language Arts.
7. Is reading The Phantom Tollbooth and Harriet the Spy.
8. Loves fishing.
9. Let’s Lucy sleep in the bed with her.
10. Taller than her mom.
11. Strong leader, but also compassionate.
This birthday was kind of different because Lars wasn’t able to be here in person. Bethany was kind of bummed, but we were able to do the next best thing. He joined us for cake and ice cream via Skype – we just set him up on the counter so he could see everything.
She wanted grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, asparagus and “butter carrots”. I have no idea what butter carrots are. I just put some butter on steamed carrots and hoped that’s what she meant. She also wanted a marbled cake with chocolate frosting – all from a box – and we bought some mint chocolate chip ice cream from Food Town.
We gave her a new camera (her old one was stolen out of our car while we were in St. George earlier this year) that has a video option and can go under water.
Bethany has grown into a confident, strong, beautiful young lady. She’s smart and sarcastic and completely reliable. She loves to mother her younger siblings and is (most of the time) very sweet and patient with them, which is really nice right now while Lars is away.
Happy birthday, Bethie!