This is a tutorial I wrote up for Deena Rutter’s blog, but I thought I would share it here too. It’s been so much fun for our family every year!
So this is our Summer Bucket List. It’s a list of all the stuff our family wants to do before school starts again in the fall. It was a just a single sheet of paper the first year we did it, but it’s since evolved into a photo diary of sorts that now hangs on our wall all summer long. The only thing we’ve really done on this board so far is the water balloons. I printed off a couple of photos from last year so that you’d be able to better understand how this will look once it’s all filled in.
– White cardstock
– Photo-editing program – like PS or PSE
– 1 large corkboard
– Spray paint (optional)
– Small clothespins
– Hot glue gun and glue sticks
1. Totally optional: I spray painted the frame of the corkboard brown to match the Pura Vida paper. I used painter’s tape to hold down some butcher paper on the actual corkboard part before I sprayed the frame. It protected the cork from getting sprayed.
2. After the paint dried, I printed off some of the blue-striped paper and cut it into 1/2” strips. I adhered the strips all the way around the frame.
3. Next, I used hot glue to attach a tack to each of my clothespins.
4. In PSE, I designed a small tag for each of our bucket list items. I printed these, cut them out, and then chalked around the edges.
5. I used a very small amount of hot glue to attach each tag to a clothespin.
6. I arranged the clothespins on the corkboard, leaving enough room between them for our 3×3 photos.
7. Now all that’s left is to hang it up! We add a photo for each bucket list item as a way to visually cross it off.
Now go make some fun summer memories!